What is this category for ?
Open access (OA) means unrestricted online access to peer-reviewed scholarly research and is one of the lynchpins of the Sci-GaIA project, as well as many others. Openness is a methodology and a culture, which implies certain tools and techniques - this category is for discussing aspects of these.
What topics can I post here ?
Although the topic is in name restricted to Open Access, we can discuss topics around the more general Open Culture and Open Science here as well. If in doubt, write it down, your friendly moderators will be on hand to
Topics in this category can be related to :
- Case studies in Open Access
- Different kinds of Open Access
- Open Access repositories (data and documents) - general purpose, institutional, self-hosted, etc.
- Benefits and drawbacks to Open Access
- Procedures and methodologies for the practice of Open Access :
- How do I find and publish Open Access Journals ?
- How can I communicate the concepts of Open Access to my institute ?
- What publishing platforms support Open Access ?
- What licenses support Open Access ?
Feel free to experiment
The category logo is used with the CC0 license from Wikipedia