TTA is a network of universities interested in:
* Having an impact on development of the societies in which they exist;
* Problem-oriented, project-driven learning with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship 
* Offering students and faculty members opportunities to contribute to important projects for academic credit.
TTA has two missions: To support members in:
1. Internal Academic development of pedagogical models and examination methods for problem-oriented, project-driven learning (Guidelines to Challenge Driven education);
2. External networking with external stakeholders to define, solicit funding for and implement projects.
This category is open for all sorts of discussion about TTA and application for membership. The list of members currently include:
Aalto University, FI
Addis Ababa Institute of Technology
Brunel University, UK,
Dar es Salaam Institute of Technology, TZ
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, SE
Makerere University, UG
Obafemi Awolowo University
University of Dar es Salaam
University of Lagos, NI
University of Turku, FI
Each of the two missions have a category of its own, TTA External and TTA-Internal, to which members and partners only are admitted.