UNEP organises a debate on Driving Africa Youth Employment through Ecosystem based Adaptation-Driven Agriculture in Africa using the using Twitter hashtag #EBAFoS4Youths.
The chat is on Thursday 9th July from –3-5pm East African Time, and will take place in the comments section through
Ahead of the debate, you can read the report, ‘Towards a comprehensive strategic framework to upscale and Outscale Ecosystem based Adaptation (EbA)-driven agriculture in Africa’ which is available online.
1) So what is the right policy environment that needs to be created to optimize opportunities for the Youth?
2) How can the youth involvement be facilitated to tap into this budding sector through nature based approaches?
3) Are there any Innovative financing practices that can be used by the youth to come up with innovative proposals in EBA driven agriculture?
4) What are the strategies to make agriculture one of the competitive professions to be engage in by the youth/attract youth to agriculture?
5) What is needed to empower youth and unleash their potential so the mobile innovations in agriculture become a youth driven evolution?
6) How can comprehensive policies and sizable investments be fostered to ensure tomorrow’s generation will help scale up the ecosystem-based actions that are already working to enhance food security on the continent?