Dear @YosephAbate_e736 and Behailu,
Today, after your presentations, we will start the actual implementation of the use cases you proposed for the WACREN e-Research Hackfest.
Concerning the one related to the deployment & customisation of an Open Access Repository and of a platform for MOOCs the reference persons will be me and @RRicceri and this is the workplan:
- We have created two services for you: a clone of the Sci-GaIA Open Access Repository and a clone of Sci-GaIA Online Courses server based on OpenEdx
- The OAR already supports federated login and you can sign-in on it using the federated credentials you got when you registered to IDPOPEN. We are still working on enabling fed-login to the OpenEdx server and we’ll let you know when it will be ready.
- The reference documentation to work on the OAR can be found here: http://oar-sci-gaia.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ and you have to start from the “OAR Configuration” section.
- We need from you:
- your Skype IDs (we will hold regular Skype calls in the next days)
- Your SSH public key to be put on the above services to let you access them with root privileges
- Concerning the DOI prefix, until the servers will be hosted within the sci-gaia.eu domain, you will use ours (10.15169). Just let me and Rita know which sub-prefix you like (e.g., ethernet, eth, ethiopia, etc.). IMPORTANT: after the Hackfest we will move the two services to EthERNet cloud (Zelalem and I already agreed on this) and you will need your own DOI prefix. The Italian member of DataCite can release DOI prefixes to non-Italian organisations at a cost of 200 Euro/year. Out of a DOI prefix you can create an unlimited number of sub-prefixes and for each sub-prefix you can create an unlimited number of DOIs. Are you ready to subscribe the agreement and pay for the first year?