The short version.
The Standard EduGain Terms of Service apply :
- Name of the service : Discourse on African e-Infrastructures
- Jurisdiction: South Africa
- Description of the service : A discussion forum for African e-Infratructures, supported by the Sci-GaIA, TANDEM and MAGIC projects, via their members. The service is hosted physically in Catania, Sicily (Italy)
- Data controller : The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Contact person : Bruce Becker
- Data processor : Universitari degli studi di Catania
- Personal data: Your email address and eduPersonPrincipalName (eppn) are retrieved from your Home Organisation and stored on our servers, in order to associate you with a local user name. Log files containing personal data are maintained, for auditing purposes, for a limited period of time (at least 1 month). No passwords are stored on our servers.
- Third parties to whom personal data is disclosed: none
- How to access, rectify and delete the personal data - Contact the administrator of the service : email@example.com
- To rectify the data released by your Home Organisation, contact your Home Organisation's IT helpdesk
- Data retention: Personal data is deleted on request of the user. User content can be deleted by the user themselves.
- Data Protection Code of Conduct: Your personal data will be protected according to the Geant Code of Conduct for Service Providers, a common standard for the research and higher education sector to protect your privacy.
More details ?
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to authenticate to your identity provider, which will send us your email address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 30 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 1 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated May 26 2015